Noun(1) someone who supervises (an examination(2) someone who gives a warning so that a mistake can be avoided(3) an ironclad vessel built by Federal forces to do battle with the Merrimac(4) display produced by a device that takes signals and displays them on a television screen or a computer monitor(5) electronic equipment that is used to check the quality or content of electronic transmissions(6) a piece of electronic equipment that keeps track of the operation of a system continuously and warns of trouble(7) any of various large tropical carnivorous lizards of Africa and Asia and Australia; fabled to warn of crocodiles
Verb(1) keep tabs on; keep an eye on; keep under surveillance(2) check, track, or observe by means of a receiver
(1) He began meandering down the halls, as was his duty as a monitor , trying to forget about the event that had just transpired.(2) Alternatively, you can have a monitor fitted that records your heart rhythm over a 24-hour period.(3) Rebecca remembers that the teacher would always assign a student that would be a monitor during lunch.(4) A roof monitor admits north light, and a large window and porch offer quiet views to the wooded hillside.(5) The refrigerator should be equipped with an electronic monitor and an alarm to alert staff members when temperatures are outside acceptable limits.(6) the playback can be displayed on an external television screen or monitor(7) After the video is scaled it is changed into a digital format recognized by the video card and then it is displayed on your monitor .(8) So that the viewer always receives the proper images for the corresponding eye, a camera affixed to the monitor records the position of the head.(9) the independent judicial monitor(10) May the government use electronic surveillance to monitor the movements and information use of suspected terrorists?(11) The insurance company might allow an independent monitor to scrutinise the demutualisation process on behalf of policyholders.(12) For 15 years the company used hidden cameras to monitor its 3,000 employees at its Granite City, Illinois steel mill.(13) it was easy for the enemy to monitor his movements(14) Now I place it under a television camera, and that is fed to a television monitor in front of Howard.(15) Architectural elements control pedestrian access, and surveillance cameras monitor people as they approach the area.(16) Some employers will monitor telephone conversations.
(1) baby monitor :: aroturuki pēpi
(2) blood pressure monitor :: aroturuki pēhanga toto
(3) heart monitor :: aroturuki ngakau
(4) monitor screen :: aroturuki mata
(5) class monitor :: aroturuki piha haapiiraa
(6) monitor lizard :: mokomoko,
1. detector ::
2. observer ::
3. screen ::
4. proctor ::
6. varan ::
7. observe ::
8. supervise ::
monitor, monitored, monitoring, monitors, monitory
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
from Ms. Pierson for me
to be chalk MONITOR that year.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 13
[BABY CRYING OVER MONITOR]
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 12
Really? You want me to sing "Soft Kitty"
to a computer MONITOR?
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 2
I heard you on the baby MONITOR.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 13
- Heart rate MONITOR?
- Don't have one.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 2
English to Maori Dictionary: monitor
Meaning and definitions of monitor, translation in Maori
language for monitor with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of monitor in Maori and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'monitor'
What monitor means in Maori, monitor meaning
in Maori, monitor
definition, examples and pronunciation
of monitor in Maori language.